Monday, July 22, 2013

THESEUS & HIPPOLYTA, The Duke of Athens and his soon to be bride, Queen of the Amazons act as the authority base of the play and also the time keepers. The countdown to their wedding and it's attendant celebration form what passes for plot in THE DREAM.

DEBORAH BIGNESS is a truly talented actress and again one of the best to work with. We created her costumes together for this show.

I did these designs in the month prior to meeting the actors who were cast. Imagine my chagrin when my THESEUS turned out to be JOE DUNKEL ( a great guy, but a bit short of the "physicality" I'd imagined for the part!). In a strange way my costuming for him actually stayed pretty close to my original designs. He carried himself as a KIng would.

These two had all the actual costume changes in the show, and again I'm hueing to the classical Greek lines as much as possible.

No comments:

Post a Comment