Wednesday, July 10, 2013

The Program from WAR OF THE WORLDS and the review by Elston Brooks of the Star Telegram.
The program was printed on green paper (of course) with artwork that I did in about 15 minutes when Diane Simons asked me to.
I was never prouder of a cast and crew. This was way beyond anything the theatre had attempted up to then and it paid off handsomely. Nobody got rich, but the show became legendary and we sold out all performances. This was also the beginning of the Hallowen show tradition. Ever after this the final show of the season would play in Sept.-Oct. of each year and be some sort of Horror, Mystery or Sci-Fi theme with the last performance on Halloween night. Audience in full costumes if they wished and a bonfire going out in front of the theatre.

Well that's all for WAR OF THE WORLDS. I hope you found it interesting. I'll post another shows designs soon.

JAMES MAYNARD  2013

No comments:

Post a Comment