Friday, July 19, 2013

Last but not least, these two panels taken from Van Goghs own paintings of his simple chair and the one Gauguin used while they roomed together briefly. I kept coming back to these two images as being so representative of who these two great artists were...and who they weren't as men. I decided to use them as the sole scenic element on the upper platforms we used for Van Gogh's rooms. Much of the second act of the play took place there with these panels looming up above them as their relationship played out.

VAN GOGH / GAUGUIN was a very special production with a steller cast. I'm very proud to have been a part of it.

Coming up I'm going to go back in time a bit to my very first fully professional job as a designer at a little place called THE GLOBE OF THE GREAT SOUTHWEST in Odessa, Texas in 1976.

No comments:

Post a Comment