Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Martian Up! Here the puppet is almost finished. It's pretty ugly here in the light, but onstage it really glowed! That "kid" there with it is ME! I was 24 when I created this show for the HIP POCKET THEATRE and I had already been working professionally for a decade as a puppeteer and designer. I really wish that I had more visual record of the show itself. I've never been one of those who dcuments every little aspect of my work, which in hindsight was probably a mistake.
I have always believed that live theatre exists only for the lucky people who buy their tickets and sit down to experienec it firsthand. Then when the show is over and the sets are pulled down, it becomes just a sweet memory for all concerned. This is as it should be. You had to be there...

No comments:

Post a Comment