Monday, July 22, 2013


I should point out what is obvious...I had a very poor camera in these days. A Poloroid one-shot on fact which is what these are. I have never been good about documenting my work, so i am glad that these still survive at all...

I think HIPPOLYTA's "Amazon" outfit here is hysterical! Give her a trumpet and she could walk right in as MEZZEPA the stripper in GYPSY!

For the long awaited wedding scene at the end of the play I dressed eveyone in the company in lustrous white robes, the wedding couple were also in silver "armor" with chains... which seemed fitting somehow. GREG WURTZ our Set Designer used four burning Tiki torches in holders along the staircases flanking the stage. In the stage lights and with the smoke from the torches, the white and silver costumes Glowed magically as Mendelson's Wedding March played. I wish I had a photo of that...it was strikingly beautiful and a fit ending to the show.

No comments:

Post a Comment