Tuesday, October 29, 2013

The Cinefex Films - More Makeup !

We had no budget for the making of these films. We shot exteriors in Forest Park in Fort Worth, Texas  and interiors in  MARK'S house...utilizing a little 10' X 10' "Studio" room which was empty upstairs for most of the scenes...redressing it for each film.

Here is a shot of my own makeup case which I used in High School Dramas and for the makeups in the films, and later in College shows. I still have it and it is still pretty much the same as it was when we made the films 40 years ago. I made it from my father's old fishing tackle box. There is a pic of ME as the mad butler in DRACULA MADE ME DO IT ! after my demise in the film...and a pic of Mr. Walker as IGOR the hermit...one of three roles he played in that first effort, next to his own sketch for the character.

These 8mm reels of film sat in a shoebox in Mark's attic for 35 years. We would get them out and watch them again as a group from time to time, but didn't do anything with them until 1999. I purchased a device which would allow us to duplicate the films to VHS and we spent one long night doing just that for the thousands of feet of film in the shoebox. In 2008 I finally aquired a computer powerful enough to process and edit the films digitally and i set about the 3 year long process of restoring them as best as I could. The original reel to reel tape soundtracks were long gone, so I rerecorded all the dialogue, sound effects and music to create new ones.

Now all our efforts are posted on YouTube for all the world to see...and many have recently

the link is:  http://www.youtube.com/user/CinefexFilms

and there you can view not only the restored films but two documentaries on the making of and restoration of the films as well as some other little extras I've produced in the years since.

No comments:

Post a Comment