Monday, October 14, 2013

JOHN MURPHY'S BACKYARD MOVIE SCREEN 2009 !


In 2009 for the 10th Annual Moster Mash Bash, I helped JOHN coordinate an evening of EDGAR ALLAN POE short films for the 200th Anniversary of POE'S DEATH.

Hence the New Centerpiece featuring the Great Author and his favorite "Pet".

I was able to get ahold of a copy of  THE BLACK CAT,  a film made in Fort Worth back in 1965, as well as the restored print of  THE TELL-TALE HEART  which my friends MARK WALKER and MICHAEL BOYD and I made while in High School in 1973...plus some Poe inspired cartoon shorts. It was the grandest Bash of all, and sadly the last one to date.

(I'm the short one in the picture below).

JOHN has been in the market for a new house recently and hopefully the one he picks will have a backyard as wonderful as this one...if so, and there is space for the screen and header...we may meet again in some future October.....

No comments:

Post a Comment