Friday, October 4, 2013

OWL Costume Character



I've been trying to remember just who this OWL costume character was made for and why? I know it had something to do with literacy...either the Public Library or the Public Schools.

The design had to use their own graphic character as it's basis ( hence the rather odd winking eye).

I remember that I incorporated fingered gloves into the tips of the OWL'S wings so that the wearer could hold things and gesture, but that is about all I can recall of this job.

 He does look nifty though. We were becoming quite adept in our use of fake fur. The boots for all these costumes were made with heavy crepe rubber soles and hard foam uppers. Lots of Contact Cement and fumes as I remember, but they really held up over time.

No comments:

Post a Comment