Monday, January 13, 2014

The EDGAR ALLAN POE Experience - The Raven Resurrected


I have always been a big fan of LOTTE REINIGER, the famous German Animator ( She created the FIRST animated feature film...a decade before Walt Disney's SNOW WHITE!) PRINCE ACHMED. Look it up on YouTube, you will be Amazed!

Her technique of "Shadow Animation" is both simple, primative and Highly Innovative. Also a very pure artist's medium which I, as an individualist find very appealing.
 PRINCE ACHMED took 3 Years to Complete!

Anyway, I thought that my treatment of THE RAVEN might work well with this technique. And so in 2009 I set about trying to figure out just how to make a film that would emulate  the Shadow Animation Style which she had created in the 1920's. These images show how I did this and if you want a more in-depth look visit:

http://www.youtube.com/user/CinefexFilms

and watch the documentary  OUT OF THE SHOEBOX which includes a section on the system I created to make THE RAVEN and Restore  DRACULA MUST BE DESTROYED!  Our final film effort.

No comments:

Post a Comment