Friday, January 17, 2014

FOR COLORED GIRLS - Articles and review



Above is my original groundplan for the setting of FOR COLORED GIRLS.
Below an Article announcing the production and the subsequent Review.

I am particularly pleased that our production was Rated Superior to the National Tour which had just played Wichita previously in the year.

This marked the first full-scale production which was mounted in the WCT Workshop.  It had been  used only as a rehearsal space and for the summer COMMEDIA Review up until then. In the next decade, a number of fine productions would be mounted there and today the WCT uses this space exclusively for their Performing Seasons, which have been Extraordinary Indeed.

I am so proud to have been instrumental in the start of all of this. 3 years later I would direct my own production WAITING FOR THE PARADE  there. More on that later, but next the Main Stage Shows I Designed.......

No comments:

Post a Comment