Friday, January 10, 2014

The EDGAR ALLAN POE Experience - THE BELLS final


It is so strange to review these photos and materials from 40 years ago now.

Although my play could certainly have been better than it was, the cast of young actors really gave it their all in rehearsal and production and I personally learned a LOT about what would and would not play to an audience.

The idea of using masks when the real life characters in POE'S life assumed the personas of the characters in his stories and poems was something I had studied in drama classes and may have been the chief reason my play was chosen. There had never been another student written work performed at my High School up until then.

 I and my good friend MARK EVAN WALKER, who designed this production, soon gained a reputation as somewhat "maverick" students with the shows and films we produced over the next 4 years......

No comments:

Post a Comment