Friday, April 4, 2014

THE 3 CUCKOLDS - Stage Plans


My solution to the terrible sightlines and poor sound quality of the KIMBELL MUSEUM'S lecture hall was to build a raked stage platform as seen in the diagram at top. We were able to make use of a group of collapsable platform units which the Kimbell had available to raise the performing area up to 24" above the lecture hall floor, and atop this I mounted another platform which was gently sloped forward about 6 degrees from 18" in back to 8" in front.

Since we had to strike these units in between performances, I devised a couple of canvas groundcloths which could be stretched over the platform units and then removed when needed.

These and the backdrop I posted earlier were painted by my good friend MARK EVAN WALKER.

No comments:

Post a Comment