Monday, December 9, 2013

The Leech Boys - Finale

As I've mentioned my mother FRANCES OLIVER MAYNARD went to Weatherford High School with the Leech brothers and the Van Hoosier sisters. She visited with them all in New York while still a single girl and kept up by mail and phone after she married.

These photos I've been posting all come from the files kept by Fenn Leech which were passed on to my mother on his death three years ago. I'll be donating them to the Weatherford Historical Society after these posts are finished.

On the left above are Fenn Leech, Marzelle Van Hoosier and F.C. Leech at the Stork Club in New York in the 1940's. And on the right the same three in Las Vegas in the early 1990's.

I feel a strange kinship with these people who I never met and yet in whose footsteps I followed...
...almost like family, though not related. We all cut our teeth at a magical place called
CASA MANANA!

No comments:

Post a Comment