Monday, December 9, 2013

Casa Manana Babies 1936

 Here are those LEECH boys in the dressing room at the original CASA MANANA in 1936. They really are just boys, aren't they! F.C. on the left was billed as "Barry Leech" and his older brother Fenn on the right was "Larry" during their brief sojourn in the footlights over the next 4 years. I love these photos.
 As I've said, I was about the same age when  I first started performing professionally at the new CASA in 1972.
 These are the VAN HOOSIER Sisters who were also students of MARY MARTIN in Weatherford and appeared as Showgirls at the original CASA in 1936. MARZELLE on the left continued on in show business in New York in the 1940's when this picture was taken ( I'm afraid I don't know the identity of her partner here, but they definatly had some kind of nightclub act together). MARGIE on the right appeared in all four seasons of the original CASA after which she married and wisely quit the business. She is seen in the photo below on the stuffed pony in a number from the original season of CASA MANANA, another shot of which appears in the retrospective article from the FORT WORTH STAR-TELEGRAM on the left.
If a Time Machine is ever perfected I believe I would like to travel back to witness the spectacle BILLY ROSE created in Fort Worth back in 1936!

No comments:

Post a Comment