Tuesday, May 19, 2015

Magic Table 2

 Like the rest of my set for LILI, the Magic Table covering will be painted canvas.
Above is my layout for the positioning of the stars and circles which decorate the table covering. Yes, I used little cut-out pieces of paper and moved them around the layout until I was satisfied with the pattern.  I needed to keep in mind that the covering will be pleated when attached to the table, so I had to place the stars, for example so that they will  be visible on the outer curves
When I was satisfied with the layout I did this color plan to guide me in painting the stars and circles. The entire background of the covering will be painted black.
Again I'm making use of "negative space" in the design for all the elements of the setting for LILI. The Table itself will "float" against it's black curtain backdrop, just as the stars and circles 'float" against the black background of the table covering itself.

Coming up: Painting and sewing the covering.

No comments:

Post a Comment