Friday, May 22, 2015

LILI Groundplan

 Here is a purely esoteric post of the groundplan for the stage set for  LILI. In most theatrical enterprises the sets are built and painted by a crew under the direction of a Shop Carpenter and the Designer.

Since I function as my own carpenter and painter( and pretty much always have ) I know what I will have to do to make my set a reality in the actual space involved. Above is the groundplan for the full set in position for Scene 5 of the play. All of the scenic elements are carried onstage by the actors and set in place for the remainder of the show, with the exception of the "Magic Curtain" and "Magic Table", which are positioned when needed and then struck by the actors. Likewise, the tables and chairs are moved about and positioned as required by the action of the play.
The reality is pretty much just as I envisioned it last year when I built the set model seen above. The positions of the chairs and tables here were altered to make a better photograph of the overall setting. The Puppet Booth and Caravan Panels have been built and painted and are very close to the model in appearance and function. The Tables and chairs were constructed earlier this year and are already in Fort Worth awaiting the first rehearsal.

I am working on the Balloon Props and the Magic Curtain now and those should be ready within the week. Then the Set will be finished and stored for transport to the Hip Pocket Theatre in late July when we will start staging the show!

.

No comments:

Post a Comment