Sunday, June 24, 2018

Still Alive and Working (sort of)

Yes, I am still living and working, so to speak. Although I am no longer physically able to do any actual construction or scenic painting. I have offered some design materials to the Hip Pocket Theatre for their production later this season of THE WIND IN THE WILLOWS by Kenneth Graham.

I've always loved this story and so it wasn't difficult for Director John Murphy to persuade me to do a few renderings for costumes and sets (see the posts below).

The interesting problem here was how to render the characters in terms of an adult production of the story. This will not be a children's theatre version, but more of a farce for general audiences. No masks or ears or fur pieces or special makeups will be used to define the "animal" appearance of each character. The WEASELS will act as all purpose scene shifters and take on the several secondary characters in the play simply by changing hats. John has done a delightful adaption of the book and I am sure that the show will be a success, even though I will have no other input into the production other than these initial ideas.

No comments:

Post a Comment