Wednesday, October 15, 2014

Model Photography

After 30 years retired from design work, I have finished adapting and designing a new show for the HIP POCKET THEATRE'S upcoming 39th Season. This photo shows my set design in model form as I was photographing it for submission to Artistic director JOHNNY SIMONS.

But WHAT is the Show, you ask?

I'm traveling back to Fort Worth, Texas next weekend, October 24, 25, 26 for the HIP FILM FEST. This will be the first public screening of three of the classic HPT productions of the 1980's, in all of which I just happen to appear and to have designed the sets for. The original videotapes have been rescued and digitally restored for the archives, and for this one fun weekend of showings. If you happen to find yourself in Fort Worth on those dates it would be well worth your time to check it out. I hope to see you there.

Anyway, I take my script and design presentation to Mr. Simons that week. I think we're set to go with the production, but his word will make it final and then my friends I will not only Tell you what I'm going to do...I will Show you the entire process from begining to end on this blog. Inspiration to final designs to fully produced stage show. It will be a very busy year for me and I'll post it all right here. The Good, the Bad and the Ugly!

I've had pretty good success with my adaptations for HPT in the past, so I'm optimistic!

Stay Tuned.....

No comments:

Post a Comment